How to Keep Your Pet Entertained Indoors During Bad Weather
One concern a lot of pet owners have is how to keep their pets entertained during bad weather. As much as our pets would like to go outside and play day in and day out, sometimes the weather just doesn’t cooperate! On bad weather days, here are a few ways you can keep your pet entertained:
- Get a variety of toys: One of the most effective ways to keep your pet entertained indoors is to set up a comfortable spot in the house for your pet and have a variety of toys that they can play with. For example, you can give your pet chew toys, bones, frozen treats, pet puzzles, and more. Consider handing your pet one toy at a time as to not overwhelm them initially.
- Arrange an indoor playdate: If you have neighbors or friends with friendly pets, consider arranging an indoor play date. You can section off a part of the house using pet gates to keep the pets in a confined area so they don’t run around the entire house. Indoor playdates are great ways to both socialize your pet and give them a great time, regardless of the weather conditions outside.
- Train your pet and teach them tricks: Training your pet can be very beneficial for both you and your pet. An obedient and trained pet will know how to behave in different circumstances and is easier to control and manage. Additionally, obedience training provides your pet with mental stimulation which can keep them busy and eventually tire them out.
- Turn on a great movie and cuddle with your pet: It’s hard to beat the joy of cuddling with your pet when it’s cold and rainy outside. Turn on an award-winning movie, grab a few snacks for both you and your pet, and snuggle on the couch. This is a great way to bond and build trust with your pet as well.
- Hide treats around the house: Turn your indoor day into an adventure by hiding treats around the house and letting your pet sniff around the house to find them. Once they find them, make sure to give them praise!
Visit Town & Country Veterinary Hospital For Your Pet’s Next Appointment
Located in the heart of San Antonio, Texas, our pet hospital offers high-quality care for all types of creatures. From furry four-legged friends to rabbits, reptiles, exotic pets, birds, fish, and pocket pets, we care for all companions regardless of type and breed. Our staff is specially trained to help treat every single one of your pets with top-notch care. No matter the situation or emergency, Town & Country Veterinary Hospital has you and your loved one covered. We’d love to show you around our facility.